A stunning and gorgeous lady blogger dropped a surprise visit to our office a week before Chinese New Year.
|Lena (Frozen Wings) and yours truly|
She prepared so many goodies for Yan, Angeline and I; one of it was a bottle of homemade lemon curb. Thanks again, Lena!
This is my maiden exposure to lemon curb and I had spreaded it on bread and tortoise bun (mee-ku). I even bake a cake with it :D
|Lemon cheese cake|
Recipe adapted from here (I made slight modification).What you need:150g oreo cookies crumbs80g butter, melted3 eggs, lightly beaten1/2 cup caster sugar3 x 250g cream cheese, softened1 tsp grated lemon rind1/8 cup lemon juiceMake It!
- Lightly grease a 22 cm springform tin. Preheat oven to 160°C (non fan-forced).
- Combine biscuit crumb and butter in a bowl.
- Using a glass, press crumb mixture evenly over base and side of tin.
- Refrigerate biscuit crust for 1 hour or until set.
- Beat sugar and eggs in a bowl with an electric mixer until pale and thick.
- Add cheese, rind and lemon juice. Beat until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes (I baked for 55 minutes).
- Cool in oven with door ajar.
- Decorate with lemon curb.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
My kids don't like the lemony taste but I have no problem 'feeding' my colleagues and even got positive feedback from them.
Will I bake this again? Sure!! But I must learn how to make lemon curb first~